Golden Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine preserves, vinegar, pepper and salt. Place turkey breast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with apricot mixture. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 15 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Golden Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast
Sort By :
This is a WONDERFUL recipe! I have made it several times. I have used 1/2 red raspberry jam and all red raspberry jam before and was also very tasty.
We have made this using chicken thighs too. Very good.
This is absolutely awesome! I found it helpful to heat the preserves in the microwave before stirring in the balsamic vinegar.
Tender, juicy, and totally yummy. We had this tonight for Thanksgiving dinner. I stuffed the cavity of the turkey with two oranges cut in half. Squeezed each half a bit into the cavity before I stuffed it in. The drippings with some red wine, sage, and the leftover basting sauce (about 1/4 cup), plus a few tablespoons of apricot preserves, made a wonderful gravy! This is a definite keeper. I made this using a whole turkey (11 pounds), and the final presentation was so rustic and savory. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >