Golden Apple Snack Cake
This moist, old-fashioned cake is hard to beat, especially warmed up and finished off with a dollop of whipped topping. —Eckert Orchards, Belleville, Illinois
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually beat
- into the creamed mixture. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 294 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.