Golden Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple juice, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- In a large saucepan, combine apples, 3/4 cup apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice; add to saucepan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- For crust, combine flour and salt; cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time; tossing with a fork until dough can be formed into a ball. Divide in half, making one half slightly larger. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Apple Pie
Sort By :
This crust recipe is very off. The fat in it should be about half that or less. I am experienced and fixed it some, but we had to way overwork the dough to fix it.
the filling was fine.
Very good pie. I was afraid it would be watery but came out perfect.
Made this for the fourth time today. It was perfect! The only change I made was I sprinkled a cinnamon-sugar blend on top before baking. This is one of my "go to" recipes!
This pie is the best!! So easy and SO tasty.. Thank you for sharing with us.
I have never made a pie before and this was so incredibly easy and delicious! I needed to use up a bag of apples I had that's when I came across your recipe! I am going to make this for my thanksgiving this year! Its going to be a new fall tradition! I cheated on the crust because I was in a bit of a time crunch so I used store bought. I don't know what type of apples I used but they tasted like candy! Wonderful job!