Golden Apple Bundles Recipe
This recipe is an interesting way to use apples. I usually make them on Fridays, so when family and friends drop in on the weekend, I have a nice dessert to serve. They bake flaky and golden brown outside and moist inside. —Lila Eller, Everett, Washington
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine apples, walnuts, brown sugar, raisins, flour, lemon peel and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 5-in. circles. Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture into center of each circle. Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400° bake 10 minutes. Brush each with milk and sprinkle with sugar; return to oven for 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Apple Bundles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC