Gold Rush Brownies
With six kids to keep an eye on, my mother relied on quick-and-easy recipes like this. Now my own family, who doesn't usually care for nuts, can't resist these chewy brownies.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine crumbs, chocolate chips
- and pecans. Stir in milk until blended (batter will be stiff).
- Spread into a greased 8-in.-square baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.