With six kids to keep an eye on, my mother relied on quick-and-easy recipes like this. Now my own family, who doesn't usually care for nuts, can't resist these chewy brownies.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine crumbs, chocolate chips and pecans. Stir in milk until blended (batter will be stiff). Spread into a greased 8-in.-square baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gold Rush Brownies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p81
Reviews for Gold Rush Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2009
"Yummy! These whipped up so fast (especially since I had the packaged graham cracker crumbs) and they taste like I spent hours making them. Chewy and delicious!"