- the pans and paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and
- nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the
- carrots, chocolate, almonds and ginger. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, marmalade and cinnamon; beat
- until smooth. Stir in ginger.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 579 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.