Godfather Crostini Recipe
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons oil and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice and remaining oil; spread over toast. Top each with a basil leaf, tomato, pesto and a piece of bacon. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 148 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Godfather Crostini
"Sorry for the rating, but it's basically the same as the BLT tomatoes everyone does except on french bread. Looking for something original...."
"These are awsome....totally delicious. I made my own pesto sauce which is very easy. The only thing I will do different next time is to cut up the bacon and sun-dried tomato into 2 to 3 sections so that it is easier to take a bite."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.