We’re going to make you an offer you can’t refuse: Spend just a few minutes in the kitchen to serve up an elegant, restaurant-quality appetizer that’s a fun twist on BLT’s. You can’t go wrong. Capiche? —Kendra Allanson, Front Royal, Virginia
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons oil and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice and remaining oil; spread over toast. Top each with a basil leaf, tomato, pesto and a piece of bacon. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Godfather Crostini in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Godfather Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review