Goblin's Orange Popcorn Recipe
Your little goblins will love to munch this tasty, colorful popcorn that features a crispy crunch and sweet flavor. Donna Higbee, Sandy, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1. Place popcorn in a very large bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
1 cup equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC