- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Goblin's Orange Popcorn
"Great recipe! I added orange zest for flavor. The second time I made it I added orange flavoring in addition to the orange zest. Incredible!!! I can't wait to try different flavors and colors!"
"Loved how easy this was to make! I always loved this sweet flavored popcorn as a child. :) I Will def. be making this again! Oh! I btw, I did double the recipe to make sure ALL of the popcorn was covered, my first batch was only partially covered. :)~ Other than that, PEFECT!"
"People at my children's school beg for this popcorn now. I change the color to match the seasons. Delicious!"
"This is so yummy! I use microwave popcorn, and its so easy."
"Thanks for the GREAT recipe! I have used it a number of ways including as appreciation gifts for 100 volunteers! I recently went to a gourmet popcorn shop and was not impressed. Your recipe is my friends' favorite!"