Goblin Eyeballs Recipe
Our home economists had great vision when creating these devilish deviled eggs. Guests at your Halloween party will be "goblin," them up!
- 12 eggs
- Red food coloring
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large pimiento-stuffed olives, halved widthwise
- 1. Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover by 1 in. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Place in ice water until completely cooled. Gently crack eggs (do not peel).
- 2. Fill a large bowl with hot water; add food coloring to tint water a dark red. Add eggs, making sure they are completely covered by water; let stand for 30 minutes. Remove eggs from water; peel (eggs should have a veined appearance).
- 3. Cut eggs in half widthwise; place yolks in a large bowl. Set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork; stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4. To make eggs stand better on serving plate, slice a small piece from the bottom of egg white halves. Stuff with yolk mixture. Place an olive half in the center of each to resemble an eyeball. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Goblin Eyeballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC