Use vegetable scraps to create ghoulish monster faces on each wonton dip cup. Cut leftover wontons into fun Halloween shapes with small cutters and bake until lightly browned. —Betty Huddleston, Liberty, Indiana
Featured In: 25 Party Halloween Snacks
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- Finishing touches: sliced ripe olives, radishes, sliced green onions and cucumber peel
- Press wonton wrappers into muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, salad dressing mix and meat mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls into each wonton cup.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Add faces with olives, radish slices, onions and pieces of cucumber peel. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Gruesome Goblin Bites in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p49
Reviews for Goblin Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review