Gobbler Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, red pepper, onions, raisins, peas, parsley and eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 278 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.