Gobbler Goodies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1 package (11 ounces) candy corn
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls. Twist apart sandwich cookies; spread frosting on the inside of cookies.
- 2. Place 28 cookie halves under cereal balls to form the base for each turkey. Place three pieces of candy corn in a fan pattern on remaining cookie halves; press each half onto a cereal ball to form the tail. Attach remaining candy corn with frosting to form turkey's head. Yield: 28 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Gobbler Goodies
"I first made these with my daughter when she was in Kindergarten. Now my 2nd grade son is making them to take to school tomorrow. They're so cute! But I wish I'd bought the chocolate cream filled cookies instead of the white cream filled cookies! Or even the fudge striped cookies would work!"
"I made these for Thanksgiving! Everyone thought they were cute! Great for a little snack after dinner."