TURKEY at Thanksgiving is a timeless tradition. But you can give your holiday meal a novel twist with these birds of a different feather.
The holiday treats are cute, sweet and made from all kinds of goodies youngsters love to nibble on.
"The kids and I had a ball making these tasty turkeys for Thanksgiving one year," shares Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
"They loved forming t
28 ServingsPrep:30 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1 package (11 ounces) candy corn
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low
- heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With
- buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls. Twist
- apart sandwich cookies; spread frosting on the inside of cookies.
- Place 28 cookie halves under cereal balls to form the base for each
- turkey. Place three pieces of candy corn in a fan pattern on
- remaining cookie halves; press each half onto a cereal ball to form
- the tail. Attach remaining candy corn with frosting to form turkey's
- head. Yield: 28 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.