Gobbler Cobbler Recipe
I often save some turkey and freeze it so I can make this hot turkey salad pie on New Year's Day. Pineapple adds a bit of crunch and sweetness.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Fold in cheese. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the turkey, pineapple, walnuts, onion and celery. Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; fold into turkey mixture. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with cheese and olives if desired. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 609 calories, 46g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Gobbler Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC