Gobble-Up Strata Recipe
I always look forward to making strata after Thanksgiving. We invite our neighbors, and they think it’s neat that I prepare another whole meal. — Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 2 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 8-in.-square baking dish, layer stuffing, turkey, green onions and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and mayonnaise until blended. Pour over layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 65-75 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 433 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC