Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Apricot Glaze Recipe
“My original version of this recipe used several tablespoons of butter versus the one tablespoon of olive oil. It also used dried apricots and honey and more of the cheese.” David Dahlman - Chatsworth, California
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the goat cheese, ricotta and 1 tablespoon shallots; spread over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute remaining shallots until tender. Stir in the broth, spreadable fruit, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. Return chicken to the pan; cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until a no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Serve chicken with cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC