Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Apricot Glaze Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the goat cheese, ricotta and 1 tablespoon shallots; spread over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute remaining shallots until tender. Stir in the broth, spreadable fruit, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chicken to the pan; cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until a no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Serve chicken with cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Apricot Glaze
Sort By :
"I give 2 stars for flavor only. The filling oozed out while browning and made a mess. The lemon juice curdled the sauce (but didn't hurt the flavor) and when cut to serve the rest of the filling came out. Deleted from my file--sorry!"
"quick and delicious. The shallots were a bit lumpy for the recipe so I put it in the Vitamixer for a smoother sauce. Husband loved it!"
"I loved this - it was so easy and turned out great. The fact that it's healthy is just an added bonus!"
"I made this last night and it turned out perfect. I don't like using toothpicks (they never come out easily) so I tie my roll-ups with cotton kitchen twine & while they are resting (at least 15mins) I just clip the ties off, slice and serve."