Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 24 slices
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 package (4 ounces) herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with pesto mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3. Combine goat cheese and arugula; spread over bread. Sprinkle with bacon and pine nuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 137 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.