Guests will think you fussed over these elegant appetizers—but the recipe conveniently calls for jarred pesto.—Cindie Haras, Boca Raton, Florida
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 24 slices
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 package (4 ounces) herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with pesto mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Combine goat cheese and arugula; spread over bread. Sprinkle with bacon and pine nuts. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review