- 24 baby portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound), stems removed
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted sweet red peppers
- Pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill each with 1 teaspoon cheese; top each with 1 teaspoon red pepper. Sprinkle with pepper; drizzle with oil.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Goat Cheese Mushrooms
"Excellent and super-easy! I substituted black olive slices for the sweet pepper. I think the possibilities for topping these will only be limited by the cook's imagination. Thanks for sharing this!"
"It really doesn't get any quicker or simpler than this! Topped off these delicious morsels with drained and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes instead of the roasted red pepper called for in the recipe (personal preference) and they disappeared in no time flat."