- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 log (8 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, dates, cardamom and cinnamon. Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each piece into a 3-in. log. Roll in walnut mixture.
- Place one cheese log in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine vinaigrette and soy sauce; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 8 egg rolls (1/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Goat Cheese Egg Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p42
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Goat Cheese Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >