Goat Cheese Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 log (8 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a small shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, dates, cardamom and cinnamon. Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each piece into a 3-in. log. Roll in walnut mixture.
- 2. Place one cheese log in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Combine vinaigrette and soy sauce; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 8 egg rolls (1/4 cup sauce).
1 egg roll with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 292 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Goat Cheese Egg Rolls
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer