Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
I take stuffed mushrooms to new heights by using a flavorful filling of walnuts, spinach and goat cheese. They're not only tasty but pretty as well.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; place mushroom caps in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat. Finely chop stems.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the chopped mushrooms, walnuts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cheese, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 59 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC