Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with onion mixture to within 1 in. of edges.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute pears in remaining oil until tender. Arrange over onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil, oregano and pepper. Yield: 12 slices.
1 slice: 154 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza
"I have had this flavor combination in a sandwich before, but never thought of topping a pizza with it! Delicious! I used a mandolin to thinly slice the onions and pears which made prep a cinch! Will definitely be making this again."
"I used blue cheese instead of goat cheese because I had it on hand--fabulous."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.