The roasted veggies and goat cheese make this an elegant party food. We love to top them with our favorite salsa for an extra kick! -Sara Longworth of Philadelphia, Pennslvania
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Place the first six ingredients in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, lemon juice, chili powder and cayenne; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Stir in cilantro.
- Spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, plain side down, on an ungreased baking sheet; spread each with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture. Top each with another tortilla. Repeat. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen appetizers.
Originally published as Goat Cheese 'n' Veggie Quesadillas in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Goat Cheese 'n' Veggie Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"My family and I enjoyed this recipe very, very much! It was perfect for our vegetarian guests and the combination of the roasted veggies and the goat cheese makes it taste like eating gourmet food at home!"