Goat Cheese & Ham Omelet Recipe
As a busy working mom, my breakfast needs to require minimal prep. I often combine the egg mixture beforehand and refrigerate overnight. Then all I have to do in the morning is heat up my skillet. My favorite part is the goat cheese filling, which gets nice and creamy from the heat of the omelet. —Lynne Dieterle, Rochester Hills, Michigan
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, water and pepper until blended; stir in ham, green pepper and onion. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg white mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As egg whites set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked egg flow underneath.
- When no liquid egg remains, sprinkle goat cheese on one side. Fold omelet in half; slide onto a plate. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Goat Cheese Omelet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Goat Cheese & Ham Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >