Goal-Line Chicken Salad Recipe
Crisp apples lend autumn appeal to the chunky chicken salad made for our football theme supper. I sometimes serve it on a bed of lettuce with a sliced tomato on top…or mounded inside melon slices. You can dice the ingredients smaller and use as a sandwich filling. —Sister Judith LaBrozzi, Canton, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 4-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups diced apples
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apples and grapes. In a small bowl, combine the pickle relish, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, onion salt and garlic salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC