I saw this candy recipe on a cooking TV show, but made some adjustments to suit our tastes. We make the caramels every Easter, and many more times throughout the year. —Deanna Polito-Laughinghouse, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered, 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine. Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Originally published as Go Nuts! Coconut Caramels in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p48
Reviews for Go Nuts! Coconut Caramels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review