- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered, 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine. Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Reviews for Go Nuts! Coconut Caramels
"This is wonderful! I made a batch on the stovetop because I don't own a microwave and it came out deliciously! I would give this to any caramel lover. I used cashews instead of peanuts because peanuts are the object of a lot of allergy cases in my house, whereas cashews are not. I also refridgerated mine before cutting and it was a little difficult, but not messy. Great recipe."
"These were just yummy! To get the marbling, I melted the white chocolate with the coconut separate from the caramels...then, I swirled it with a knife into the warm caramel mixture once it was in the pan."
"I made this during Thanksgiving holiday and LOVED it!!! It was so quick and easy. I'm now making it to give to family on Christmas Eve."
"This recipe cost me about $10.00 for the ingredients and netted about 1 1/2 lb of the candy. It is good, it is easy, but I will save myself the $$ and buy a Payday candy bar instead!"
"First off, these smell awesome when they are cooking and the combination of the coconut, caramels, peanuts and white chocolate tastes fantastic! I tried making these two different ways, though, and didn't get that beautiful marbled look int he picture. The first time I followed it exactly but probably stirred too much. The second time I cooked the caramels by themselves and added the other ingredients after the caramels were melted. Still no beautiful white marbling effect. Did anyone's turn out as pretty as the picture?"