- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered, 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine. Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Reviews for Go Nuts! Coconut Caramels
Sort By :
This is wonderful! I made a batch on the stovetop because I don't own a microwave and it came out deliciously! I would give this to any caramel lover. I used cashews instead of peanuts because peanuts are the object of a lot of allergy cases in my house, whereas cashews are not. I also refridgerated mine before cutting and it was a little difficult, but not messy. Great recipe.
These were just yummy! To get the marbling, I melted the white chocolate with the coconut separate from the caramels...then, I swirled it with a knife into the warm caramel mixture once it was in the pan.
I made this during Thanksgiving holiday and LOVED it!!! It was so quick and easy. I'm now making it to give to family on Christmas Eve.
This recipe cost me about $10.00 for the ingredients and netted about 1 1/2 lb of the candy. It is good, it is easy, but I will save myself the $$ and buy a Payday candy bar instead!
First off, these smell awesome when they are cooking and the combination of the coconut, caramels, peanuts and white chocolate tastes fantastic! I tried making these two different ways, though, and didn't get that beautiful marbled look int he picture. The first time I followed it exactly but probably stirred too much. The second time I cooked the caramels by themselves and added the other ingredients after the caramels were melted. Still no beautiful white marbling effect. Did anyone's turn out as pretty as the picture?