Go Nuts! Coconut Caramels Recipe
I saw this candy recipe on a cooking TV show, but made some adjustments to suit our tastes. We make the caramels every Easter, and many more times throughout the year. —Deanna Polito-Laughinghouse, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1. Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered, 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine. Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cool.
- 3. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
1 piece equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC