- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CRUMB TOPPING: :
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the bananas, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Go Bananas Crumb Bread
Sort By :
"Mine just didn't turn out to my liking. Followed the recipe as it is. Cooked an hour because it was raw in the middle at 50-53 minutes. It was a bit dry, but maybe I had to take it out when it was still semi raw?? I don't know, but the topping tasted like a strange sugar brittle to me..not a crumble. I wouldn't say it's bad...just different than any banana bread I've ever had before."
"I really wanted this recipe to be amazing. I've made it twice hoping to have a different result, but both times, it's turned out that the middle is not cooked. The crumble top ends up tasting a little burnt and keeps the dough from cooking all the way through:("
"This was a hit!!!! I used half flour and half gluten free flour. I did add pecans. The bread was so moist and delicious. I am going to make again with all gluten free flour."
"Excellent recipe - a big hit with co-workers easy to make and great to transport."