Go Bananas Crumb Bread Recipe
We get a lot of rain in Oregon, and I often find myself cooking and baking to help keep the kids and I entertained on wet days when we are stuck inside. One of my family's rainy day favorites is Banana bread. —
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CRUMB TOPPING: :
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the bananas, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Banana Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p170
Reviews for Go Bananas Crumb Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2014
Excellent recipe - a big hit with co-workers easy to make and great to transport.