Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares
Shares Spearville, Kansas field editor Pat Habiger, "Everyone loves these squares, which travel well to picnics and potlucks. The recipe combines rhubarb filling with a cookie crust."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm if
- desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.