Shares Spearville, Kansas field editor Pat Habiger, "Everyone loves these squares, which travel well to picnics and potlucks. The recipe combines rhubarb filling with a cookie crust."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p45
Reviews for Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review