Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares(6)
Sort By :
Doubled the recipe, baked it in a 10" X 15" jelly roll pan, took it to church for fellowship, and it was LOVED. Two people were surprised they liked it because they "hate" rhubarb. Not anymore. :-)
I have made this a few times and am about to make it again for Resurrection Sunday. I use soft white whole wheat and softened coconut oil (a bit less than the butter) in the crust and will reduce the sugar in the topping. We are die hard rhubarb fans and most people up here say, "Wonderful, but use less sugar next time."
Deliciouse! Fast and simple to make. As my husband said "Tastes like more "
So easy & so yummy!
So easy and so yummy!