Gnocchi with White Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gnocchi with White Beans(51)
Sort By :
Awesome..... I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes because I found it a bit dry.. the gnochi absorbs alot of the juice from tomatoes.
Easy. A nice alternative to meat we had it as our main meal. I was pleasantly surprised too that it was not high in calories and fat, considering it tasted so good.
This dish was sooo good! Much better than my husband or I expected, and quick and easy we'll definitely make it again.
This was very good and got a thumbs up from my meat-loving husband, too! I had plenty of late summer tomatoes from my garden so I replaced the can of Italian diced tomatoes with two fresh tomatoes, chopped and added about a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. I will definitely be making this again!
It was super easy to make and really healthy! Love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >