Gnocchi with White Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gnocchi with White Beans
Sort By :
This was great. I added Italian sausage and some extra basil /oregano. I will definitely be making this again.
I added venison sausage to this, fresh basil, and used fresh mozzarella. So, perhaps I can't review the recipe accurately, but what I ended up with was great! I will likely make this again.
Very easy to make, and tastes good, a little bland. Might try adding white wine as others have suggested, and more garlic.. I did have to add chicken broth for the gnocchi to cook as it didn't cook in the 5-6 min. Added about 1/4 chicken broth with the tomatoes, beans and pepper. Let that cook for about 4 minutes and then added spinach. Yummy!
This was great, but I agree with another reviewer that it could use a little extra white wine or chicken broth. Other than that wonderful flavor.
The only change I made was to add a little white wine to the sauce. We thought the flavors really came out the next day. Overall good recipe. We will make it again.