- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gnocchi with White Beans
Sort By :
"I really liked this recipes. It was very easy to make. I love gnocchi and this incorporated fresh ingredients. As a bonus my 20 month old son LOVED it. I will be making this a staple in my home."
"I wish I could have given this recipe a "0" rating - what a waste of ingredients and time, I hate "mushy" food!Cooking times were ALL WRONG not enough time given to get rid of that nasty raw taste of canned tomatoes gnocchi went mushy, beans - more mush , I should have knwn better - my bad."
"Have made this many times for my family and once for company. Delicious! An easy weeknight meal that even my husband has prepared - it's that simple! We have found that you need to use dry packaged gnocchi to make this. We tried it once with frozen gnocchi and it was a mushy mess. You'll be much happier with the firmer texture of the browned gnocchi if you buy the kind located with the pasta. We like Wegman's Whole Wheat Gnocchi."
"We did not like this. The reviews looked amazing. But it was too mushy for us."
"I liked it because it was an easy recipe to follow and fast enough for a weeknight meal. However it is a little on the mushy side especially when left over. I would add something that would give it some crunch!"