- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gnocchi with White Beans
Sort By :
"Delicious! Simple and fresh. Great if you add zucchini or sausage."
"We loved it! Try with turjey sausage and add extra cayenne pepper, it is very easy tasty meal to prepare! My husband took leftovers to work and asked to cook more as everyone wanted to try them. We did use dry packaged type. Great inexpensive recipe!"
"Found the recipe to be a bit bland. Next time I would add more diced tomatoes and Italian turkey sausage."
"I really liked this recipes. It was very easy to make. I love gnocchi and this incorporated fresh ingredients. As a bonus my 20 month old son LOVED it. I will be making this a staple in my home."
"I wish I could have given this recipe a "0" rating - what a waste of ingredients and time, I hate "mushy" food!Cooking times were ALL WRONG not enough time given to get rid of that nasty raw taste of canned tomatoes gnocchi went mushy, beans - more mush , I should have knwn better - my bad."