Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce
Prepared pesto makes a flavorful sauce for gnocchi and vegetables.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Toasted pine nuts, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute zucchini and yellow pepper in oil until zucchini is
- Drain gnocchi; add to skillet with the pesto. Gently stir until
- coated. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without pine nuts) equals 371 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.