Gnocchi with Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Place potato flakes in a large bowl; stir in boiling water until blended. Stir in eggs. Add flour and salt all at once; stir just until combined. Divide into fourths; turn each onto a floured surface. Roll into 3/4-in.-thick ropes; cut ropes into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches, for 30-60 seconds or until gnocchi float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Place in a large bowl; top with sauce. Gently stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gnocchi with Meat Sauce(1)
Sort By :
When our son says what smells so good, I usually have a hit! Made 'as is' with a little more seasoning for us and yes, it was a big hit! It may seem like too much sauce to start with, but for us it was perfect for gnocchi which are little sauce stealers! I will add this to my recipe file, for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >