Gnocchi Chicken Skillet
Potato gnocchi are little dumplings made from a dough of potatoes, flour and sometimes eggs. These irregularly shaped balls or oval disks are Italian, and they are usually boiled or baked. Look for gnocchi in the pasta, ethnic or frozen section of your grocery store. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat until
- chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the spaghetti
- sauce, salt and oregano; cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated
- Drain gnocchi; gently stir into skillet. Garnish servings with cheese
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 598 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,632 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese,