Potato gnocchi are little dumplings made from a dough of potatoes, flour and sometimes eggs. These irregularly shaped balls or oval disks are Italian, and they are usually boiled or baked. Look for gnocchi in the pasta, ethnic or frozen section of your grocery store. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and oregano; cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain gnocchi; gently stir into skillet. Garnish servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gnocchi Chicken Skillet in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p98
Reviews for Gnocchi Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review