Gnocchi Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and oregano; cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain gnocchi; gently stir into skillet. Garnish servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Gnocchi Chicken Skillet
Sort By :
rather simple to make. im just a house husband and put this together in less than an hour to serve. i added xtra mushrooms, 3/4 orange bell pepper. basil, oregano, garlic salt, onion salt, and a 25oz jar of simply nature organic tomato basil sauce. experiment a lot with cooking so adding or subtracting to ones tastes to me is the art of cooking, otherwise the recipe will do fine. bon appetite italiana.
Just tried this and even though I only had half of the gnocchi called for, it was still delicious. The brand of spaghetti sauce will make a big difference in flavor, so use a favorite. I also added 4oz of fresh mushrooms for a little extra flavor. There is not much "kick" to this dish, so if you like spice, season to taste. This is a keeper.
I added zucchini and 1/2 tsp each of dried basil and parsley. It was good and will make it again when it's cold out.