- 1-1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add prosciutto and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomatoes, beans, peas, tomato paste and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain; stir into soup. Garnish each serving with cheese and basil. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Gnocchi Chicken Minestrone
"Delicious! My son said this was a keeper."
"Good soup and enough to share with college kids."
"Had steak on hand and followed rest of the recipe as directed...fabulous!"
"Very tasty and hearty soup and freezes well."
"Can you freeze this soup with the gnocchi in it?"
"Great soup!....loved it"
"We liked it but didn't love it. All the veges included are a real plus."
"Very yummy soup! :) I omitted the zucchini, mushrooms and ham to better suit our tastes. We will definitely be trying this again!"
"I thought this minestrone soup was even better as leftovers!"