This gnocchi is one of my go-tos for company and potlucks. It’s pure comfort food, especially in the wintertime. —Jessica Silva, East Berlin, Connecticut
- 2 pounds potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and nutmeg until blended. Keep warm.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately add mushrooms and gnocchi; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and gnocchi are lightly browned. Serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Gnocchi Alfredo in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Gnocchi Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review