Gnocchi Alfredo Recipe
- 2 pounds potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and nutmeg until blended. Keep warm.
- 2. In a large heavy skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately add mushrooms and gnocchi; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and gnocchi are lightly browned. Serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup gnocchi with 1/3 cup sauce equals 529 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 996 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Gnocchi Alfredo
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.