Gluten-Free Toffee Bars Recipe
"My husband discovered he has celiac disease a couple of years ago, and I've had to find a whole new way of cooking.” These nutty, chocolaty bars are perfect for those with gluten intolerance. Pam Gianetti - Girard, OH
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garbanzo and fava flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk; mix well. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, cornstarch, garbanzo and fava flour, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate chips over bars. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 bar equals 136 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Toffee Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC