Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies Recipe
These cake-like cookies will be a welcome snack with a cold glass of milk. Feel free to use this recipe as a base and mix in dried cranberries or cherries, nuts or other extracts. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups potato starch
- 1-1/3 cups garbanzo and fava flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, applesauce, lemon peel and extract. Combine the potato starch, garbanzo and fava flour, tapioca flour, salt, xanthan gum and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and roll in coarse sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC