Gluten-Free Spritz Delights Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup gluten-free vanilla frosting
- Food coloring, optional
- Gluten-free sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, xanthan gum and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, warm frosting to reach a drizzling consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring. Drizzle over cookies; decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Spritz Delights
Sort By :
I used Pamela's Products Artisan Flour & lined the baking sheets with parchment. The cookies were perfect. I didn't tell my guests they were gluten-free until they were ready to leave...and everyone took some home with them.
I used Bloomfield farms gluten free flour which has given the best results on everything I've used it for. This dough was so soft I had lots of trouble getting cookies to form. I refrigerated it for ten minutes and that fixed the issue. These spritz melt in your mouth! Oh I also used a stevia blend sugar substitute.
I used Robin Hood Gluten Free flour- don't have King Arthur in Canada. I had a hard time with the cookie dough sticking to the cookie sheets. I had to squeeze out a dozen or so before they started sticking to the pan. They tasted fine but are quite delicate. Only the more solid shapes held up- like the tree and the daisy. All the wreaths I made crumbled when baked. So I ended with 5 dozen or so usable cookies and a bag of delicious broken pieces. They are tasty and were cute decorated with buttercream. I took mine to two different bake sales.