- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups potato starch
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the potato starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. Reroll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Snowballs
Sort By :
I need nutritional information on this recipes
Wow! This recipe is all it promises--quick, easy, and wonderfully tasty--no one I tried these on guessed they were gluten free. My gluten free children and friends and their non gluten free family members all loved this. Very tender, and yes, crumbly. I was never patient enough to refrigerate this, since the dough came out a good consistency, and the cookies came out nicely. Once I put in some extra xanthan gum (1 1/2 tsp.) and I liked how it helped the cookies hold together a little bit more. Don't forget the xanthan gum, you'll get crumbs. Delicious crumbs. Amazing texture, light and buttery, your family will be licking the bottom of the plate for any remains they can find. Not a single person I served these to--at least a dozen--thought these cookies were less than fantastic, gluten-free eaters or not. It's my new go-to staple for dessert!