Gluten-Free Snack Mix
This crunchy, on-the-go snack makes a great treat at any time of day. Kids will love the sweet cinnamon flavor and the chance to eat with their hands.—Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Koala Crisp cereal
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cherries
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large ungreased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereal and
- cherries. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add honey and cinnamon;
- cook and stir until heated through. Pour over popcorn mixture and
- toss to coat.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool
- completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.